The sooner you involve us in your plans, the better we are able to advise you and the more you will be able to save.
Let’s join forces
First step is to join forces and make an inventory of everything we need to know to improve your shipbuilding efficiency. At this stage we need to know more about your yard’s layout and capacity, the (batch) delivery window, data format, section size, package sizing, desired assembly level and the need for pre-assembly or pre-panelling.
- An experienced consultant at your service;
- Tackle all possible problems in an early stage and save a lot of time at the yard;
- No unpleasant surprise at the yard, like the unexpected need for a bigger crane or storage problems.
Converting data into usable files
Whatever sorftware you are using: we are able to convert your data into usable production files.
Processing of product data
The next step is that you provide us with the necessary date to start with your order. Whatever software you are using – AutoCad, Nupas Cadmatic, Shipconstructor, Foran, Rhino Tribon of any other program – we are able to convert all data into usable production files. After receiving a 3D model of the ship, the section plan, tank plan or line plan, we will execute all necessary works.
- Work with whatever software you prefer;
- Minimize manual handling;
- Save yourself the time of converting data;
- Shorten lead time.
Steel cutting with great precision
High capacity plasma cutting for steel and aluminium. For cutting with great precision.
Next, our experienced factory professionals will handle your order. Our production facilities in Groningen and Stralsund have a total capacity of 100.000 tonnes of steel per year and provide high capacity plasma cutting for staal and aluminium. All plates are numbered, marked with construction lines and bevelled (including R2 radius edge preperation). All parts will be automatically nested for a more effecient use of material.
- High and relaible cutting capacity;
- Large volumes processed in short lead times;
- Perfectly cut plates that fit like a glove;
- Welding slots, piping and cable penetrations are pre-cut into the plates.
Perfectly formed plates
Perfectly formed plates that fit smoothly and minimize manual handling efforts.
The highly qualified professionals of Centraalstaal are able to form the cut plates width the greatest precision, both 2D and 3D. The combination of this craftsmanship and structural quality control quarantees shell plating and frames that fit perfectly without the need of green (excess) on the parts. Profiles are pressed into the correct shape by using a CNC profile-bending machine.
- High capacity forming;
- Formed plates fit perfectly on the inner structure;
- After placing the plate in position the welding process can start immediately, without the need for extra preparations.
Delivery on logistic order
Receiving different parts when you are ready to process them, based on your customized delivery schedule.
At Centraalstaal, we understand how important it is for yard to optimize yard space. We make optimal use of your yard capacity and layout and by doing so bring down the total costs per hour per tonne. Based on the information we collected in an earlier stage, we prepare a customized delivery schedule, taking client-specific construction methods, yard facilities and block assembly programs into account. All plates and profiles are deliverd in predetermined batches, reducing the need for sorting upon arrival. We can also supply you with pre-assembled micro panels which will multiply your building speed.
- A customized delivery schedule: receiving different parts when you are ready yo process them;
- A track and trace system that tells you where your different batches are at any time;
- No sorting upon arrival;
- No unpleasant surprises at the yard, such as storage problems.
- Ultra fast section building;
- Shorten assembly lead time.
Your very own building manual with detailed drawings serves as a guide through every step of the assembly process.
Assembly instructions help shipyards to fully use the advantages of the kit. These instructions include part numbers, logistical order and 3D view assembly drawings as building manuals. Working with Centraalstaal building kits helps shipyards to significanlty improve shipbuilding efficiency. If needed, we can also provide you with your very own Centraalstaal supervisor to help you through the assembly process.
- Detailed drawings serve as a guide through every step of the assembly process;
- Orientation marks show the correct position of the elements, which reduces time significantly during preparation for assembly;
- Save up to 25 percent in assembly hours.